Sage 50 Error Code 8591 is a pretty common system error that occurs when Windows cannot start the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine. You can go through this article to find out how you can resolve the error so that you can continue using Sage 50. If you need further assistance you can always call the Sage customer care number and speak to a Sage representative about the problem you are facing with the software.
Solution I: End the w3dbsmgr.exe process
- Step 1: Open the Task Manager on your system
- Step 2: Click the ‘Details’ or ‘Processes’ tab
- Step 3: Go through the list of image names and select “w3dbsmgr.exe”
- Step 4: Select ‘End Process’ and click ‘Yes’ when the warning prompts
- Step 5: Follow the instructions to restart the Pervasive service and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution II: Uninstall and reinstall Pervasive
- Step 1: Open your browser and go to the official Sage 50 website
- Step 2: Download the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility
- Step 3: Check the ‘Remove Pervasive’ line and click ‘Run’
- Step 4: Allow the utility to complete uninstalling Pervasive
- Step 5: Go to the ‘Install Pervasive’ line and follow the same steps to reinstall Pervasive and check if it is running smoothly.
Solution III: Reinstall and Upgrade Sage 50
- Step 1: Go to the Sage website and download the installation file
- Step 2: Double-click the Sage 50 file and select ‘Run
- Step 3: Read the terms and conditions of using Sage and make checkbox
- Step 4: Select ‘Upgrade’ and begin copying the Sage account to your device
- Step 5: Sage Instant Accounts and complete the installation
Solution IV: Error on a Windows 10 computer
- Step 1: Open the start menu and type ‘Services.msc’ in the search field
- Step 2: Right-click the services section and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Step 3: Restart Pervasive on your computer and check if the Sage 50 Error Code 8591 is resolved.
Alternate Solutions to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Error Code 8591
If these solutions mentioned above do not resolve the error you can try the alternate method mentioned below
You can close all the program on your computer, including Sage 50, and reboot your system. This will help to clear the RAM and fix any minor system errors that may affect your Sage 50 software.
Even though the firewall is meant to keep your system secure it could also block Sage and cause the error you are facing. You can change the firewall settings so that it does not disrupt the working of Sage 50.
Another way to troubleshoot the Sage 50 Error Code 8591 is to repair and restart the Windows WMI Repository. This step is a little complex so it is better to consult a trained software engineer before you attempt to follow this method.
If none of the solutions given above allows you to troubleshoot the Sage 50 error then it is possible that there may be a deeper technical malfunction that is behind the problem. If that is the case then you should call the Sage technical support number and ask for help in implementing a more advanced technical solution to the problem.