You have to keep in mind that there is a difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks online. You can tell them apart by simply observing the way they operate. QuickBooks Desktop need download and install, whereas QuickBooks online does not need any installation as it can be accessed directly from the internet. And between these two, you cannot pinpoint which version is better and which is worst. Both are equally capable of carrying out accounting tasks and both need the internet to work. But on the contrary, it could be more reliable to use QuickBooks Online as you would not have to go through any installation and download error. So if you ever choose to switch from QuickBooks Online to Desktop, you would have to know how to export files from QuickBooks online to desktop and if you want help to do that, you can give this blog a read. Or, you can also get in touch with the experts at QuickBooks customer support number.
You may think that the process of exporting the files to Desktop from QuickBooks Online might be very troublesome to do. But it is in fact not that complicated. You just need to be the master admin and have an internet explorer 10 or higher and ActiveX control to enable the export from QuickBooks Online.
- The first you are required to do is to configure the Internet Explorer then proceed to prepare the data for export.
- After you have configured internet explorer, go to QuickBooks online company and go to ‘tools’ then choose ‘export data’.
- On the bottom left of the screen, you will see an option that reads ‘moving to QuickBooks desktop’ locate it and click on ‘learn more’.
- Now under the ‘download company data’ select ‘learn more’ again.
- When you see the ‘install ActiveX controls now’ option, click on it to initiate the process.
- After you have reviewed the export overview, click on ‘get started’.
- Confirm the installation and once it is done, click on ‘continue’.
- Now choose the data, review the limitation and provide your contact information and click ‘continue’.
Steps to export from QuickBooks online.
- You need to go to ‘tools’ and select the ‘export data’ option.
- Now, under the ‘moving to QuickBooks desktop’ option choose ‘learn more ‘and under ‘download company data’ click the ‘learn more’ button again.
- Carry out the review of the export and click on ‘get started’.
- On the exporting page click on ‘continue to download’ and verify the certain requirements displayed on the screen.
- After you are done, click on ‘download’ and save the file to a location of your preference on your computer.
- After the file has been downloaded, you need to convert it. And once you are done with that, give the file an appropriate name and save it.
If you come up against any technical error or difficulty you can contact QuickBooks tech support number.